Saturday, June 15, 2013

Finding that fabulous floppy hat!

When we think about sun protection, many people often forget about protecting their head, hair, face and ears. Skincancer.org recommends wearing a wide brim hat with a brim of 3 inches or greater for adequate sun protection.

I've recently started my journey to incorporate hats into my wardrobe to serve as a stylish way to protect my  noggin. Being new to hats, my journey to find a stylish one started out a little rocky. I tried many styles but just seemed to look silly in all. Please see evidence below:

Large floppy hat

Fedora
Floral baseball cap

Whenever I was at a store with hats, I would always try them on. I tried on many but could never seem to find any that worked. One day while at Tj Maxx with my Mom and sister, I discovered a cute fedora that I actually kind of liked. I bought the hat and have made an attempt to wear it on sunny days. To my surprise, I have actually received many compliments on it. Please see photo below:


I will let you in on a little secret: this hat is actually a little girls hat! It's kind of funny, but it helped me realize something: when it comes to searching for hats: you have to have an open mind! Be creative and try everything on!! Many people think they don't look good in hats, but just like a good pair of sunglasses, you need to try on many in order to find the style that is most flattering on you! Have fun with the process and be patient, eventually you will find something you love!

Since I only currently own one hat and it's a fedora, I've been on the hunt to find a wide brim hat that will provide me with actual sun protection. Recently I did some digging online and found some adorable hats at some decent prices. If you're looking for a stylish hat, try some of these cute picks!!
Kangol Printed Band Diva $60
 BCBGeneration Lacey Weave Floral Floppy Hat $32
Vans Beat Brim Hat $20
Roxy Autumn Felt Hat $20

And the following two hats were my favorites. I just ordered them yesterday!

Roxy by the sea $23
Coal Seaside $25
When my new hats arrive in the mail I will post a review as well as give tips on how to style your new hat for the summer! Make sure to checkout part 2 of my hat post!!

Which hats are your favorite?


1 comment: