Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My new favorite sunscreen for daily wear!

Hi there!

I need to apologize for not posting in a while. Summer classes have begun and I've quickly learned that summer grad classes are rough to keep up with. I'm hoping to be more consistent with my posts, but the next few weeks may be less frequent due to my class load, please bear with me :)

Tonight I'd like to let you in on a fabulous product that I've really developed love for: Citrix antioxidant sunscreen.

First let me explain why I purchased this product. When I started looking into how to select the best sunscreen, I began to read information that opened my eyes to something I had never known before. There are two types of sunscreen: chemical sunscreen and mineral (aka physical) sunscreen. Chemical sunscreens are absorbed into the skin and a chemical reaction in the first layer of your skin is what provides the sun protection. With mineral sunscreens, they are not absorbed into the skin and instead sit on top of the skin and provide UV protection.

I learned that a mineral called zinc oxide is supposed to provide excellent UV protection and I began searching for a  mineral sunscreen containing at least 5% or more zinc oxide.

On top of containing 7% zinc oxide, Citrix contains antioxidants that are supposed to fight free radicals and it's oil free. I have somewhat sensitive skin on my face and wanted to try something that wouldn't clog my pores and could be worn with makeup.

I love this stuff! I wear it each and every day, rain or shine, on my face, neck and ears. The skin around my eyes is particularly sensitive and this stuff does not irritate me at all. Mineral sunscreen can sometimes be very white and take a long time to rub into the skin, but this product acts similar to a face lotion and rubs on smooth and un-pigmented. Because it sits on top of your skin, you should put all other products on your face first (besides makeup). After moisturizing, I dab about a teaspoon all over my face before rubbing it in.

My favorite part about this product is how it leaves my skin with a smooth, matte finish. I don't feel greasy and I don't even notice I'm wearing it. I am able to apply my makeup as usual and it doesn't interfere with the application or how long my makeup lasts. I've also been able to apply more of this sunscreen on top of my makeup midday for more protection and it doesn't effect my makeup.

I've been wearing this every day for the past two months and I still have plenty left. I paid around $23 for mine, but I think it's well worth the price. I do use a separate product on my body, so this tube would go a lot faster if you decide to use it on your entire body.

I'm really happy with this product and I plan to purchase it again when I run out.

If you'd like more information about this product, check out this helpful website with a dermatologist's review on this product. http://www.drbaileyskincare.com/citrix-sunscreen-spf-30.shtml

I highly recommend this product and would love to answer any questions if you have any!


Thanks for reading!




*All opinions in this review are entirely my own. I purchased this product with my own money and am not affiliated in any way with this company.

No comments:

Post a Comment